Topic– Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating
to Health, Education, Human Resources.
2) The government has recently rolled out a national strategy for artificial intelligence (AI) and identified five sectors (health care, agriculture, education, infrastructure and transportation) for GBits adoption. Examine the usefulness of AI for these sectors? (250 words)
Why this question
The government including the prime minister has placed much great emphasis on the transformative potential of AI and consequently has rolled out the National strategy for AI targeting sectors as highlighted in the question above. Understanding the impact of AI in these sectors is thus important for mains.
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to explain about the National strategy for AI in the introduction and thereafter bring out how AI can be useful in the sectors as highlighted in the question.
Examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes or implications if any .
Structure of the answer
Introduction – explain about AI and the National strategy for AI.
- Discuss about how AI can help in the 5 sector
- Health – AI-based tools to detect outbreaks ahead of time and facilitate accurate and efficient intervention strategies. In India, a similar predictive tool and an underlying system that can integrate data from hospitals, can predict, stop and take preemptive measures for future surveillance, safety and follow up in case of outbreaks of dengue or Nipah virus.
- Agriculture – predicting weather successfully and, therefore guidance, in what to grow and what price they can expect. Additionally, such tools can help farmers monitor soil health, mine historical weather data including satellite imagery, predict the price of agricultural products and maintain supply-chain efficiency.
- Education – introduction of tutoring apps, which use data to provide better support and information for students, have replaced the dependency of students on their parents and teachers for guidance and tuitions. Etc
Conclusion – based on the usefulness of AI in the sectors give an overview of how useful AI can be for the country.