PCS 1x System
- December 12, 2018
- Posted by: InsightsIAS
- Category: INSIGHTS
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
PCS 1x System
What to study?
- For Prelims: Objectives and features of PCS 1x System.
- For Mains: Ease of Doing Business in India- Present scenario, potential, challenges and ways to address them.
Context: Indian Ports Association (IPA) under the guidance of Ministry of Shipping launched the Port Community System ‘PCS1x’.
The platform has the potential to revolutionize maritime trade in India and bring it at par with global best practices and pave the way to improve the Ease of Doing Business world ranking and Logistics Performance Index (LPI) ranks.
About PCS 1x:
‘PCS 1x’ is a cloud based new generation technology, with user-friendly interface.
- This system seamlessly integrates stakeholders from the maritime trade on a single platform.
- The platform offers value added services such as notification engine, workflow, mobile application, track and trace, better user interface, better security features, improved inclusion by offering dashboard for those with no IT capability.
- Another major feature is the deployment of a world class state of the art payment aggregator solution which removes dependency on bank specific payment eco system.
- It is an initiative that supports green initiatives by reducing dependency on paper.
- It has been developed indigenously and is a part of the ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’
Indian Ports Association (IPA):
IPA was constituted in 1966 under Societies Registration Act, with the idea of fostering growth and development of all Major Ports which are under the supervisory control of Ministry of Shipping.
Sources: the hindu.