Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices.
Online portal “ENSURE”
Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare launched a portal ENSURE – National Livestock Mission-EDEG developed by NABARD and operated under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
Entrepreneurship Development and Employment Generation (EDEG):
Under the Mission’s component EDEG, subsidy payment for activities related to poultry, small ruminants, pigs etc., through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) goes directly to the beneficiary’s account.
To make it better, simpler and transparent, the NABARD has developed an online portal “ENSURE” which makes the information related to beneficiary and processing of application readily available.
- The flow of information/funds will be quicker and more accountable.
- The burden of extra interest due to delay in the disbursal of the subsidy would now be reduced.
- Accessing the portal will be on real-time basis and list of beneficiaries can be easily prepared.