- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Various security forces and agencies and their mandate.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
Ex Aviaindra 2018
Ex AVIAINDRA, a service specific exercise between Indian Air Force and Russian Federation Aerospace Force (RFSAF) is planned at Air Force Station Jodhpur.
- Exercise Aviaindra is an Air Force level exercise between India and the Russian Federation.
- First Aviaindra was conducted in 2014, planned as a bi-annual exercise.
- AVIAINDRA-2018 is the second in the series of bilateral joint exercise between IAF-RFSAF (the exercise is unique, where the foreign participants does not bring its assets).
Aim of the Exercise:
The aim of the exercise is focused towards anti-terrorist operations in a bi-lateral scenario. This further enhances the co-operation and understanding each other’s Concept of Operations.
- Russia has been a major partner of India in the defence sector and the cooperation has been steadily growing further.
- In October 2017, India and Russia held a 10-day mega war game involving their armies, navies and air forces for the first time ramp up military ties.
- The exercise Indra, which took place in Russia, primarily focused on achieving coordination between forces of the two countries in tri-services integrated theatre command scenario.
- It was the first time, India participated in tri-services exercise with a foreign country with large scale participation by the Navy, the Army and the Air Force.