Topic – Developmental issues, issues related to poverty and hunger.
1) Despite implementation of various programmes for eradication of poverty by the government in India, poverty is still existing.’ Explain by giving reasons.(250 words)
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to bring out the status of poverty in India, the steps taken by government to address this issue, the reasons why poverty persists and suggestions for improvement.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Mention some statistics about prevalence of poverty in India
- Briefly write about govt initiative in this regards, like MGNREGA
- Next , discuss in detail the reasons for continuation of poverty in India –
- Limited govt resources when compared to population
- corruption and other issues in govt schemes implementation
- state specific geographical disparities
- Insurgency and violence related issues in LWE Areas and North East
- Issues with Education system, business environment
- Discuss what steps must be taken to improve the situation
Conclusion – Highlight that so many years after independence, continuation of poverty and deprivation of the worst kind is a poor indicator of state performance and needs redressal.