PIB+BACKGROUND: Institution’s Innovation Council.
- Union HRD Minister launches ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)’ Program of MHRD’s Innovation Cell through video conferencing.
(Ministry of Human Resource Development)
Union HRD Minister launched the ‘Institution’s Innovation Council’ (IIC) program under Innovation cell of MHRD.
Ministry of Human Resource Development has established an “Innovation Cell” at AICTE, to systematically foster the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country.
Aim of Institution’s Innovation Councils (IICs):
To encourage, inspire and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas and processes resulting in innovative activities in their formative years.
The Minister’s Statement:
Educational advancement in higher education can only be achieved by encouraging best practices in innovation and advance research, and Innovation Cell has undertaken many initiatives in this direction like implementing programs like Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA), Smart India Hackathon (SIH) – 2019, etc.
He further highlighted that more than 1000 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) have already formed IICs in their campuses and enrolled for the IIC network managed by MHRD’s Innovation cell to promote innovation through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system.
Major Focus of IIC –
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Why HEIs should join IICs Network?
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.