Topic– Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
8) Discuss how attitudes are formed. Also Discuss what are the categories of attitudes.(250 words)
Lexicon Ethics Booklet; Attitude
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the meaning of attitude. E.g Attitude refers to a psychological tendency that is expressed by evaluating a particular object/ person/ situation/ problem/ issue with some degree of favour or disfavour.
- Discuss how attitude is formed. E.g Discuss about the theories of
- Classical or Pavlovian Conditioning
- Instrumental Conditioning
- Observational Learning
- Genetic Factors etc.
- Discuss about the categories of attitudes. E.g
- Explicit vs implicit attitude.
- Political and moral attitude etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.