Topic– Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
6) Discuss the steps taken by the Indian government to attract domestic and foreign investment in food processing industry in India.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the initiatives and steps taken by the Indian government in order to attract investment in food processing sector of India.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the importance of food processing industry in value addition and in improving the income of Indian farmers etc.
Discuss in points/ paragraphs about the recent initiatives taken by the government to attract investment in food processing industry in India. E.g
- Discuss about the investors portal, Nivesh Bandhu.
- Discuss about Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana.
- Food and agro-based processing unit and cold chain infrastructure have been classified under agriculture activities for Priority Sector Lending.
- Service Tax on pre-conditioning, pre-coding, ripening, waxing, retail packaging and labelling of fruits and vegetables exempted in cold chain projects etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.