Insights Weekly Essay Challenges 2018 – Week 45
11 November 2018
Write an essay on the following topic in not more than 1000-1200 words:
A good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge
Hint to Topic:
Essay topic itself defines what’s ‘good life’ – but, do you have different definition of good life (like one defined more by wisdom or happiness)? To make your essay sound original you must ask similar questions and try to explore answers. However, this must be done while addressing the given topic.
- Start brainstorming on the topic. Understand demand of the topic correctly by reading it many times. Understand what should be the focus area of your essay (like, do you want to add Happiness decides what’s good life rather than love and knowledge?) Then find out supporting ideas/arguments/facts/stories/anecdotes and note down the.
- In the introduction, it’s better to start with an interesting REAL story or anecdote that directly hints either the topic or your stand.
- After the introduction take liberty to define ‘love’ and ‘knowledge’ in your own words. Explore what do you understand by ‘Inspired by Love’ and ‘Guided by Knowledge’.
- Discuss the role of ‘Wisdom’ – differentiate between knowledge and wisdom – then try to argue if love and wisdom are more important!?
- Essay of this nature relies more on your original thinking – in terms of style, arguments and articulation. Make essay engaging and interesting. Forget Mechanics such as Thesis statement and sub-headings in these kinds of essays. Essay should be one Whole from beginning to the end.