Topic- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
7) “Ethics is neither feelings, nor religion. It is neither following the law nor doing whatever society accepts.” Comment.(250 words)
Comment- here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to express our opinion based on our knowledge and understanding as to why Ethics is neither feelings, nor religion; not following the law and not doing whatever society accepts. We can form our opinion either in favour or against the statement but our opinion should be properly backed.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the meaning of ethics. E.g
- Why ethics is not feelings.
- Why ethics is not religion.
- Why ethics is not following the law.
- Why ethics is not doing whatever society accepts.
Take the help of the article attached to the question to frame yur answer.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue. Give a simple and a conclusive definition of ethics to sum up your answer.