Topic– Part of static series under the heading – “Monsoons”
1) What characteristics can be assigned to monsoon climate that succeeds in feeding more than 50 percent of the world population residing in Monsoon Asia?(250 words)
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to bring out the defining features of the climate of monsoons as experienced in Asia. here we don’t have to focus on the mechanism of monsoon but the character of monsoon. So writing about ITCZ shift etc is useless.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Mention the regions in Asia where monsoon climate is found and mention that the following are the chief characteristic of monsoon.
- Bring out the various characterstic of monsoons such as
- The seasons of monsoons – hot weather season, cold weather season, advancing south west monsoon, retreating monsoon
- Vegetation of monsoon climate – vegetation ranges from forests to thickets, and from savanna to scrubland, the trees in this climatic zone are usually deciduous
- Bring out the diversity in Temperature, vegetation etc experienced in monsoons
- Culture, agriculture of monsoon climate
Conclusion – mention that among all the climate regions of the world, the Monsoon climate is unique for its temperature, precipitation and the resultant seasons, which in turn have profound impact on the vegetation of the associated countries and the lifestyle and economic habits of its inhabitants.