Topic– Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
6) What do you think are the qualities which made Nelson Mandela a great leader. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about those qualities of Nelson Mandela which we think made him a great leader.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about Nelson Mandela and mention some of his famous quote. E.g “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead”.
Discuss those qualities of Nelson Mandela that made him a great leader. E.g
- Thirst for Knowledge- Mandela attended six higher education institutions including the University of South Africa (1943). In Mandela’s own words “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Embracing Sacrifice – Those who have suffered are often those who truly make an impactful difference in the hearts and minds of men. Nelson Mandela endured danger and time in prison in order to achieve freedom for his country. Beyond that, he has dedicated his life to speaking about the importance of equal.
- Passion and perseverance- Opposed to the policies of his country’s white minority government, Madiba led a nonviolent action against apartheid in South Africa. It was a choice that landed him in prison for 27 years but also made him South Africa’s first ever black president.
- Forgiveness- he pursued peace and friendship even with his enemies.
Conclusion- sum up your discussion in a few lines and form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the above issue.