Topic– Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
3) TRAI has played a stellar role in coming out with progressive net neutrality regulation. Discuss the background, mission, and achievements of TRAI?(250 words)
Why this question
TRAI has been in news very often courtesy the net neutrality guidelines. The question is about TRAI as an organization.
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to list out the background, mission, vision, function and achievements of TRAI
Discuss – Here in your discussion you have to highlight both the achievements and some of the shortcomings of TRAI.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Mention that The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is the independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India. It was established by an act of Parliament, called the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997, to regulate telecom services,
- Discuss the mission of TRAI – TRAI’s mission is to create and nurture conditions for growth of telecommunications in the country in a manner and at a pace which will enable India to play a leading role in emerging global information society. One of the main objectives of TRAI is to provide a fair and transparent policy environment which promotes a level playing field and facilitates fair competition.
- Discuss the vision of TRAI – sure the services and protecting interests of all telecommunication consumers, provide improved telecommunication, broadband, broadcasting and cable TV services to all consumers in Indian society.
- Discuss the working of TRAI- details of TRAI establishment Act
- Discuss the role TRAI has played in penetration of telecom services, fair pricing an. Net neutrality guidelines.
Conclusion – Emphasize on the importance of TRAI.