TOPIC: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the
present- significant events, personalities, issues.
1) Analyze the provisions of the Treaty of Versailles of 1919 and examine the validity of Germany’s objections to the treaty.(250 words)
Key demand of the question
The question asks you to delve deeper into the provisions of the policy to examine whether Germany was hard done by, and its feeling of angst at the injustice meted out leading to world war 2.
Analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Briefly introduce the treaty of Versailles.
- Mention the provisions of the treaty and the fact.
- Analyze the reasons why the provisions might have seemed harsh to Germans. Also provide counter arguments as to why the provisions were not that harsh.
- Dictated peace
- Several points not taken from Woodrow Wilson’s 14 point speech, loss of territory
- Provide conclusion on the lines of – Germans had certain causes of communication paint but the treaty could have been harsher.