PRELIMS BOOSTER 2018
Indian crested porcupine (Indian porcupine) and Regional 3R Forum in Asia and Pacific
Indian crested porcupine (Indian porcupine)
- species has a broad habitat tolerance, occupying rocky hillsides, tropical and temperate shrubland, grasslands, forests, arable land, plantations, and gardens.
- Range — Turkey and the eastern Mediterranean through southwest and central Asia
considered agricultural pests by locals who trap and use them for food
Regional 3R Forum in Asia and Pacific
- launched in 2009 in Tokyo, Japan
- objective — integrating 3Rs– reduce, reuse and recycle in policy, planning and development
- knowledge sharing platform for disseminating and sharing best practices in 3R areas, including new and emerging issues of concern in waste management
- address policies, programs, measures, tools and technologies in the context of achieving resource efficiency, sustainable production and consumption, integrated solid waste management, sound material-cycle, low-carbon and zero waste society
- Members — governments, aid agencies, international agencies, private sector entities, research bodies, NGOs and other relevant parties
- 8th 3r forum
- held in India
- theme of this edition of forum was “Achieving Clean Water, Clean Land and Clean Air through 3R and Resource Efficiency– A 21st Century Vision for Asia-Pacific Communities”.