Topic: India and its bilateral relationship
3)The informal summit at Wuhan has not managed to achieve much in concrete terms. Critically analyze. (250 words)
Why this question
The informal summit at Wuhan was an opportunity for India and China to reset their ties through a novel diplomatic method. A critical analysis of the relationship with an emphasis on understanding it’s impact on the future of India China ties and geopolitics of the world is important.
Key demand of the question
The question makes an assertion that there were very few concrete takeaways from India China meet at Wuhan. We have to analyze how true this assertion is. Thus following aspects are important –
- Details of the takeaway from the meet
- Whether those promises will help transform India China relationship and help India in managing its power equations with other nation states. We have to bring out both the hits and misses of the meet.
- Our own view based on the arguments made above
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. You need to conclude with a fair judgement, after analyzing the nature of each component part and interrelationship between them.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Details of the Wuhan summit will become the introduction.
- The content of the takeaways.
- Analyze the pros and cons of the takeaway. Take ideas from the article along with other sources.
- Provide a fair and balanced opinion based on your arguments made above
Conclusion – mention about the need for India to maintain good relations to secure its national aims and objectives. Mention that Wuhan was one single step in a journey of miles.