Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the
present- significant events, personalities, issues.
1) Compare and contrast Gandhi and Bose’s view on the future of the nation in general and national movement in particular?(250 words)
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to highlight the following aspects
- View of Gandhi ji on the issues mentioned in the question
- View of Subash Chandra Bose on the issues mentioned in the question
- Similarity and differences in their views
Compare and contrast – Here the similarities and differences in their views are to be discussed.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Mention that both were iconic leaders of the freedom movement and explain how.
- Mention the similarities and differences in their view regarding the future economy, polity, society of India
- Mention their similarities and differences in their view on the nature of freedom and how to achieve freedom, their differences in opinion which led to their split
Conclusion – Highlight that both of them despite their differences contributed immensely to the freedom struggle and had only the welfare of nation on their mind.