Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors
/contributions from different parts of the country.
1)Examine the changes brought about by Civil Disobedience Movement?(250 words)
Key demand of the question
CDM was the 2nd mass movement and led to several important developments in the Indian freedom struggle. The question demands us to list the impact that CDM had on the progress of the national movement. We also have to mention the areas where changes were sought to be brought but couldn’t. The overall impact of the CDM needs to be mentioned as well.
Examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes or implications if any.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – mention in brief about CDM – the objectives with which Mahatma Gandhi have a clarion call for CDM
- Discuss in brief the eleven demands of Gandhi and whether those demands were fulfilled.
- Discuss the other direct and indirect impacts of the movement
- Peaceful and persistent opposition
– the local revolts have to be mentioned such as khudai khidmatgars etc. The impact of those revolts have to be mentioned
- Round Table Conferences – the failure of 1st and the impact of others
- Gandhi Irwin pact
- Worldwide support etc
Conclusion – mention the overall impact of the movement that Gandhi Irwin pact made the people realise that their leaders are at par with the Britishers.