Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country
2)Nationalist movement in India prior to arrival of Gandhi was a movement representing the classes as opposed to the masses. Examine(250 words)
Key demand of the question
We have to compare and contrast Gandhian movement with the ones preceding it and answer whether the earlier movement had class limitations, whether Gandhian movement was truly a mass movement, and the reasons why it could happen.
Examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes if any.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Mention the status of national movement pre and post arrival of Gandhi
- Discuss whether the earlier movements were limited to certain classes
- Analyze swadeshi and HRL
- ANalyze the ideology of the leaders
- Mention why there was a class barrier
- Discuss whether Gandhian movement had a mass appeal
- DIscuss the reasons for it
- Dissastisfaction with WW2 policies of the govt etc
Conclusion – Summarize your arguments.