Topic:Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators;
7) Scientific Temper is one of the attributes that Pandit Nehru wanted all of us Indians to cultivate. Discuss how cultivating scientific temper can help India progress. (150 Words)
Why this question:
Scientific temper helps us wade through life in a systematic and coherent way. It helps us make sense of happenings around us. Most importantly, it helps us become rational individuals which is a necessity in the present atmosphere in India. In this light, scientific temper becomes important.
Key demand of the question
Demands us to bring out the advantages of cultivating scientific temper which will help us in answering how it will help India progress.
Discuss – Simply establish how scientific temper would be helpful. Bring out any disadvantages, if you feel there are.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – DIscuss what do you understand by scientific temper. Bring out the fact that Nehru placed huge emphasis on scientific temper.
- Advantages of scientific temper
- Discuss under various heads like administration, innovation, polity etc
- Bring out specifically how it will help India
- Discuss any cautionary advice which you feel is relevant
Conclusion – Re-establish that scientific temper is critical. Mention some recent controversy where application of scientific temper would have helped.