Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health,
4) Examine the reasons behind India’s poor performance in sporting events such as Olympics. Discuss whether the provisions of National Sports University Bill will help India arrest that decline. (250 Words)
Why this question
Poor performance in sports has been a long-standing issue for India. Sports, recently has become the focus with several government schemes designed to improve India’s performance at Olympics. The provisions of the Bill thus needs to be examined as to whether they would help India arrest the decline.
Key demand of the question
The first part of the question demands us to examine the reasons behind India’s poor performance in sports. The second part demands us to mention the provisions of the bill and discuss whether they would help India improve its performance in sports.
Examine – we have to probe deeper into the reasons behind India’s poor performance, get into details, and find out the causes why these reasons are related to India’s poor performance
Discuss – Discuss the provisions and analyze whether they would be sufficient
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Write down the aim of National Sports University Bill and bring out the fact that India’s performance in sports is poor and hence steps to improve are required
- Bring out the reasons
- Discuss under heads like training and infrastructure, education system, society etc
- Bring out how those reasons are related to India’s poor performance
- Discuss the steps needed to change status quo. Here bring in the provisions of the Bill and discuss how they would arrest India’s decline in sports
- Cite some global example (such as UK) where investing in sports infra helped immensely
Conclusion – Mention the multifaceted advantages of investing in Sports and emphasize that the Bill needs to be passed asap