1) Dalit unrest points towards rumbling of discontent in a community disgruntled by the promises of empowerment. Discuss
- April 13, 2018
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: INSIGHTS
Topic: – Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
1) Dalit unrest points towards rumbling of discontent in a community disgruntled by the promises of empowerment. Discuss (250 Words)
Why this question
Dalit protests have rocked the nation. The issue has been in news for quite some time now. It is important thus to delve deep into the reason for the protests, the systemic issues that it highlights, the constitutional that have or have not been fulfilled, efficacy of the affirmative action policies taken by the government and so on. Empowerment of Dalits and its status becomes a very important topic for Mains.
Key Demand of the Question
Disgruntled by the promises of empowerment is the key word in the question. We have to discuss the promises made historically and currently, the status quo, alternative view point if any to the cause behind Dalit unrest and way forward
Discuss – All aspects of Dalit disgruntlement has to be brought forward including – details of the empowerment objectives, status quo, what went wrong or what is going wrong etc.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Talk about the major incidents which highlight Dalit anger.
- Discuss the promises that have been made
- Discuss the steps taken to ensure empowerment of Dalits (some of the points are mentioned in the article)
- DIscuss this in broad heads like legal, social, economic, institutional etc
- DIscuss the pluses and the misses. Here point out the status quo with data from NCRB etc to back your arguments
- Mention in brief whether the present anger is the next step in an age old struggle for Dalits or whether the dissatisfaction is deep seated now
Conclusion – Mention way forward and the necessity of solving this potential tinderbox
- Next story 2) The Revolutionaries supplemented the national cause and carried the message of nationalism in the country and outside the country. Discuss in light of the contribution of revolutionaries to Indian freedom struggle.
- Previous story SOLUTIONS – INSIGHTS REVISION TEST for Preliminary Exam 2018: Test – 22 (Indian Polity )