2) One of the important aims of Swadeshi movement was the building up of a parallel and independent system of ‘national education’. Discuss the limitations of the system so created.
- April 10, 2018
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: INSIGHTS
Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
2) One of the important aims of Swadeshi movement was the building up of a parallel and independent system of ‘national education’. Discuss the limitations of the system so created. (250 Words)
Bipan Chandra – India’a Struggle for Independence, Chapter 10
Key demand of the question
It is in the Static Topics List
The question is concerned with the system of national education, which was one of the chief aims of the movement. We have to focus on following things
- What is meant by system of national education
- Why was this move envisaged
- Steps taken in this regard
Discuss – debate the merit of each step taken to realize the vision of national education and the efficacy of the steps
Structure of the answer
Introduction- Talk about the main aims of Swadeshi movement in general and education in particular.
Body- Answer the key demand of the question (as mentioned above). For each part, write 3-4 points and give examples. Make sure that examples are unique and you remember them well. It’s through good examples that you score well in GS.
Conclusion- Mention how the focus on national education set the course for future movements
- Next story 3) The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017 in its current form has many procedural and legal infirmities. Examine the statement in light of the Supreme Court verdict in Shayara Bano case
- Previous story 1) India has a rich tribal art, replete with exclusivity but their commercialization has not been realised upto the desired extent. Discuss the impediments faced in their commercialization and measures needed to overcome them.