All India Radio News Summary: 25 MARCH 2018
- Highlights of PM’s 42nd edition of his Mann Ki Baat programme
- An extensive exercise on agricultural reforms is being undertaken across the country to ensure that the farmers get a fair price for their crop. S
- Government is connecting local village mandis to wholesale markets and subsequently with the global market.
- 22,000 rural haats in the country will be upgraded by creating the necessary infrastructure.
- India has now moved ahead from the conventional approach in the health sector. All departments and ministries are working together for Swasth Bharat and stress is being laid on affordable health along with preventive health.
- Extensive work is also going on to set up Health Wellness Centres across the country. Sanitation coverage has almost doubled and risen to around 80 percent.
- Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana government and insurance companies will jointly provide 5 lakh rupees for treatment to about 10 crore families.
- A target has been fixed to make the country TB-free by 2025 and sought people’s co-operation to create awareness on it.
- PM also called upon the youth to start a Fit India Movement.
- Yoga has attained worldwide recognition as a measure of preventive health care and has now become a mass movement.
- India has emerged as a bright spot in the global economy and the whole world is looking at India as a hub for investment, innovation and development.
- The rhino census at the world heritage site Kaziranga National Park begins
In Assam, the rhino census at the world heritage site Kaziranga National Park has begun.
Nearly 350 enumerators will carry out the census in the next two days. The entire park has been divided into 74 compartments. Jeep and elephant safaris will remain closed during the census.
2401 rhinos were found at the Kaziranga national park as per the last census conducted in 2015.
- North East Industrial Development Scheme will play a crucial role in promoting new industrial units in the region
The North East Industrial Development Scheme will play a crucial role in promoting new industrial units in the region by providing several special incentives.
- The scheme was approved by the Union Cabinet.
- The scheme will promote entrepreneurship and job opportunities in the Northeast.
- The scheme will begin with a financial outlay of three thousand crore rupees.
- Under the scheme, a number of exclusive incentives will be available to new industrial units being set up in any of the eight states.
- A 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck off the eastern part of the Indonasia
In Indonesia, a 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck off the eastern part of the country in the early hours. It triggered a brief tsunami alert that was swiftly lifted.
- The US Geological Survey said, the quake struck deep at some 171 kilometres below the surface of the earth in the Banda Sea.
- After issuing a tsunami alert, the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System, later in a second bulletin said there was no threat to countries in the Indian Ocean.
- Indonesia sits on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire, a seismic activity hotspot.