[Insights Secure – 2018] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 06 January 2018
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
Wish You ALL Insightians Very Happy New Year . We Hope You will Write More Answers this Year and SECURE Your Ticket to Success!
General Studies – 1
Topic: Population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues; Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
1) What is the intensity and level of domestic tourism in rural and urban India? What are the key reasons for households’ domestic tourism trips? What can we understand from domestic tourism patterns in India? Examine. (250 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
2) Why should developing countries persist for a permanent solution to the problem of whether to allow public stockholding of food stocks for food security purposes in the World Trade Organization? Also discuss the current provisions on public stockholding and their limitations. (250 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health,
3) The proposal of a National Exit Test (NEXT) as an exit examination for MBBS graduates to ensure a minimum quality standard is desirable in a country with large gaps in healthcare. Do you think in its current form NEXT serves as a panacea to the lack of standardised medical graduate output in the country? Critically examine. (250 Words)
Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
4) Recently, Russia has positioned itself as a key player in the Middle East’s affairs. What implications will it have on the region? Also examine how will it affect India’s interests in the region. (250 Words)
Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes;
5) In the light of their promises and pitfalls, critically evaluate performance of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (during kharif 2016) and Weather-based Crop Insurance Scheme (kharif 2007–kharif 2014). Also suggest way forward for these schemes. (250 Words)
General Studies – 3
6) It is said that among the four verticals in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Housing for All (Urban) (PMAY-HFA[U])scheme, the credit linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) has some important features that make it stand out. In the light of recent modifications made to this vertical, discuss critically. (250 Words)
Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics in human actions