[Insights Secure – 2018] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 26 December 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1
Topic: Salient features of Indian society; Social empowerment; Population and associated issues
1) The international recognition of caste-based discrimination as a form of racial discrimination may have some tangible effect on the rights of the Scheduled Castes in India. Comment. (250 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
2) Why is trade multilateralism in a state of crisis? Has multilateralism lost its utility and relevance? Critically examine. (250 Words)
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
3) India’s vote at the UN is in line with its leading power ambitions, and not just a legacy of nonalignment. Comment. (250 Words)
Topic: Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
4) Discuss the potential of large-scale groups of women, such as self-help groups (SHGs) in strengthening of women’s civil rights and addressing crimes against women. (250 Words)
Topic: Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential
5) Analyse the progress made by state governments in expanding digital governance through various e-governance initiatives. (250 Words)
General Studies – 3
6) Urban growth should address needs of children from poorer sections of society. Analyse. (150 Words)
The Indian Express
Topic: Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
7) A permanent solution to naxalism lies in reversing the alienation of tribals. Analyse. (250 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration