[Insights Secure – 2018] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 05 December 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1
Topic: World history
1) Write a note on significance and contemporary relevance, especially from India’s point of view, of China’s most famous sea warrior-diplomat, Admiral Zheng He. (150 Words)
The Indian Express
General Studies – 2
Topic: Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
2) Do party leaders and their ideological messages influence people in deciding their voting behaviour in India? Examine the other factors that influence voters. (150 Words)
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States,
3) The case for holding simultaneous elections in the diverse, federal Indian polity is weak. Comment. (150 Words)
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
4) Why is the Convention Against Torture (CAT) which came into force in 1987significant for India? Comment. (150 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
5) Discuss critically features of India’s foreign policy vis a vis Central Eurasia. (250 Words)
The Indian Express
General Studies – 3
Topic: Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth
6) What are the provisions of the Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017? Why is its “bail-in” clause controversial? Examine. (150 Words)
Topic: Indian economy; Infrastructure; Inclusive growth;
7) What are the prerequisites for India to achieve its full digital potential? What lessons India can learn from European digital economies? Discuss. (250 Words)
General Studies – 4