[Insights Secure – 2018] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 22 November 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Role of women and women’s organization,
Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
2) Why did Rabindranath Tagore consider the idea of nationalism as being profoundly alien to the Indian psyche and the subcontinent’s many pasts? Discuss critically in the light of contemporary examples. (250 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
3) In November and December 2017, Nepal is going to conduct first general election under the 2015 Constitution. What is the significance of this election? What role should India play in this democratic transition in Nepal? Comment. (250 Words)
Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
4) Recently the UN warned that Yemen faces the largest famine the world has seen for many decades. What are the causes of this disaster? Should the UN and other international organisations intervene? Comment. (250 Words)
Topic: Functioning of judiciary
5) In India feature films not only aim to entertain people, they also represent artistic freedom of expression of their creators. Discuss how the supreme court has reacted to demands that seek banning of movies in India. Also discuss significance of supreme court’s observations on this issue. (250 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment
7) Rapid transformation of the rural economy is making huge contributions to Indian economy in recent years. What are the components of rural economy? Discuss the features of structural transformation of the rural economy and its contribution to India’s growth story. (250 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Values from leaders
Stating examples mention the rulers (i) who have harmed society and country, (ii) who worked for the development of society and country. (150 Words)