All India Radio News Summary: 27 AUGUST 2017
- August 28, 2017
- Posted by: InsightsIAS
- Category: All India Radio Spotlight
All India Radio News Summary: 27 AUGUST 2017
- Mann ki Baat (Part 35) – Teach to Transform for the transformation of the nation
Prime Minister has said, violence in the name of faith will not be tolerated. In his Mann Ki Baat programmme on All India Radio, said, no one has the right to take the law into their hands in the name of one’s belief.
- The Prime minister said, each and every person will have to abide by the law. He said, the law will fix accountability and the guilty will unquestionably be punished.
- He said, India is the land of Buddha and Gandhi, and it is the land of Sardar Patel who gave up everything for the unity of the nation.
- He said, for centuries, our forefathers have imbibed community values, non-violence, mutual respect and these are inherent to people.
- The Prime Minister appealed to the countrymen to begin a campaign, Swachchata hi Sewa, Cleanliness is Service, at least fifteen days prior to Gandhi Jayanti. He said, the campaign for Cleanliness which was initiated three years ago will be marking its third anniversary on 2nd of October.
- The Prime minister asked people that to celebrate Gandhi Jayanti this year as Swachch Do Aktoobar or Clean 2nd October.
- Lauding the efforts of volunteers of Jamiat Ulema e Hind for cleaning temples and mosques during floods in Gujarat, the Prime Minister said, this set an inspiring example of unity for cleanliness.
- Appealing to countrymen, the Prime minister said people should not bargain with small shopkeepers, vegetable sellers and auto rickshaw drivers as they earn through sheer hard work.
- PM also remembered hockey wizard Major Dhyan Chand. He said, the young generation of the country should come forward in the world of sports. The Prime Minister said, the sports ministry is launching a Sports Talent Search Portal to search for sporting talent and to groom them.
- Applauding the six brave young Navy women who will embark on a voyage across the seas in a small boat INS Tarini, the Prime minister said, it is the first instance of its kind in the world. He said Indians would be proud of the daughters.
- In his Mann Ki Baat address, Prime Minister appealed to all to move forward with the mantra Teach to Transform for the transformation of the nation.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna will complete three years tomorrow. He said thirty crore new families have been linked to this scheme and almost 65 thousand crore rupees have been deposited in banks by the underprivileged.
- Concluding his address, the Prime Minister said, definitions of being modern are perpetually changing. He said people are experimenting with eco-friendly Ganesh idols as they are becoming environment conscious.
- Nation’s defence preparedness is something we could never compromise on
Defence Minister said in the present geopolitical situation India is located somewhat sensitively and nation’s defence preparedness is something we could never compromise on. Speaking in Bengaluru, Defence Minister said, with the experience of Defence Public Sector Units (DPSU) and the entrepreneurship of private sector, coupled with the size of market India should enhance its manufacturing ability.
- He said, India’s DPSUs have made an important strive and their costing and quality are competitive.
- The Defence Minister launched the production of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) designed 8-tonne category Light Combat Helicopter (LCH). He also dedicated design upgrade programme of Hawk-I to the nation.
- Grameen Khel Mahotsav
The first edition of Rural Games or Grameen Khel Mahotsav will kick-start from Delhi from tomorrow. The games will continue till 3rd of September.
- The Rural Games aims at popularising the indigenous games like wrestling and athletics and will also have fun games like Matka Race, Tug of War for senior citizens.
- Grameen Marathon organised by the SportsMinistry marked the beginning of the Rural Games fever with participation of over 16,000 youth from rural Delhi.
- SportsMinister has urged State Governments to replicate these Rural Games in their respective state
- National sportstalent search portal will also be launched by the Ministry tomorrow which will enable any person from across the country to upload his information and as per that the Ministry will tap their talent and train them further in their respective disciplines.
- JAM trinity has ushered in a social revolution
Finance Minister has said Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and Mobile (JAM) trinity has ushered in a social revolution which will eventually bring all Indians into a common financial, economic and digital space, similar to how GST has created a unified market.
- On the third anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, PMJDY, he said, the vision of 1 billion unique Aadhaar numbers linked to 1 billion bank accounts and 1 billion mobile phones is within reach of the country. He said, once that is done, the entire country can become part of the financial and digital mainstream.
- Noting that JAM is nothing short of a social revolution, the Finance Minister said it offers substantial benefits for government, the economy and especially the poor.
- Highlighting the benefits, he said the poor will have access to financial services while government finances will improve because of the reduced subsidy burden and weeding out of leakages from the system.
- Government has notified the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act
The government has notified the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act which authorizes the RBI to issue directions to banks to initiate insolvency resolution process for recovering bad loans.
- Earlier this month, Parliament had approved the Bill, which replaced an ordinance in this regard.
- The banking sector is saddled with non-performing assets, NPAs of over eight lakh crore rupees, of which, six lakh crore are with public sector banks. The bulk of the NPAs are in various sectors, including power, steel, road infrastructure and textiles.
- The government has notified the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act which authorizes the RBI to issue directions to banks to initiate insolvency resolution process for recovering bad loans. Earlier this month, Parliament had approved the Bill, which replaced an ordinance in this regard.
- Violence and attacks by terrorists in northern Rakhine Stateof Myanmar
Myanmar security forces were attacked by Rohingya militants in the northern Rakhine State on Saturday.
- India has expressed serious concern over reports of renewed violence and attacks by terrorists in northern Rakhine Stateof Myanmar and extended its strong support at this challenging moment to Myanmar Government.
- The Ministry of External Affairs said that India is deeply saddened at the loss of lives of the security forces in Myanmar. Condemning the violence and attacks in the strongest possible terms it hoped that the perpetrators of these crimes will be brought to justice.