Insights Secure Revision Test – Environment + Ethics
Based on this TIMETABLE
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words : (10 x 10 = 100)
- What do you understand by environmental ethics? What responsibilities do we have to wild species and ecosystems — and to present and future generations of humans dependent on critical ecological services? Examine.
- Compare and contrast the nature of environmental problems being faced by the developed and developing countries respectively.
- What is Law of Limiting Factors? How are limiting factors getting affected by climate change? Illustrate with examples.
- How are marine ecosystems threatened today? Discuss the importance of polar ecosystems to man.
- What is artificial eutrophication? In your opinion, what measures should be taken to effectively clean polluted water sources? Examine.
- Discuss the causes and consequences of soil erosion and desertification.
- “A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with power that knowledge gives” Comment.
- “If liberty and equality, as is thought by some are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in the government to the utmost”. Discuss the relevance of meaning of this quote today.
- “Good governance has four elements- transparency, accountability, predictability and participation.” Illustrate.
- Discuss the significance of RTI to common man and to a public servant.