Insights Secure + Static: Ethics Revision test
- March 4, 2017
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE 2017
Answer ALL the questions in about 150 words: (10×10=100)
- “Corruption is an important manifestation of the failure of ethics.” Comment.
- “A factor which increases corruption is over-centralization.” Do you agree? Substantiate.
- Some significant efforts have been made over the last two decades to bring about meaningful electoral reforms in India. Discuss these reforms.
- The role of ethics in public life has many dimensions. In your opinion, framework of ethical behaviour must include which of the elements? Elucidate.
- What is an ‘office of profit’? Why does constitution of India disqualify a legislator holding an ‘office of profit? Examine.
- Differentiate between collusive bribery and coercive corruption. How should both be tackled? Examine.
- Corruption in the private sector does not come under the purview of the Prevention of Corruption Act. In your opinion, how corruption in private bodies should be dealt with? Discuss.
- Prosecution is often a weak link in the chain of anti-corruption law enforcement and there are instances where prosecutors have facilitated the discharge of a delinquent officer. How should investigation and prosecution be strengthened? Examine.
- There are sufficient safeguards in the law and procedure to ensure protection of an honest civil servant against baseless, mala-fide, malicious and motivated complaints. What are these safeguards? Are they sufficient? Comment.
- “The punishment suffered by the wise who refuse to take part in government, is to suffer under the government of bad men” Comment.