[Insights Secure – 2017] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 21 February 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic:Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Topic: Redrawal of national boundaries, colonization,
2) What do you understand by ‘two state solution’ in the Israel – Palestine conflict situation? What are the other alternative solutions available and which one should international players endorse and push for? Critically examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
3) Disparities between states in India have been strengthening, not weakening, over time. The less developed States are falling behind the richer ones instead of catching up. Discuss the causes and remedies. (200 Words)
Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora
Topic: Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
Tribunals: Other Constitutional Dimensions, Indian Polity – Laxmikanth
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
6) The constitution of India contains special directives to protect the interests of linguistic minorities and to promote the development of Hindi language. Critically discuss significance of these directives and issues arising out of them. (200 Words)
Official Language: Other Constitutional Dimensions, Indian Polity – Laxmikanth
Topic: Role of civil services in a democracy.
7) What do you understand by public services? Differentiate between all India services and central services. Critically comment if safeguards provided under the constitution for civil servants are in tune with the spirit of democratic ideals. (200 Words)
Public Services: Other Constitutional Dimensions, Indian Polity – Laxmikanth
General Studies – 3
Topic: Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
8) It is said that the recent judgment by a Delhi court acquitting two persons accused of involvement in the 2005 serial blasts in the city, is a telling commentary on India’s faulty counter-terror posture, one that demands a holistic overhaul. Do you agree? Critically comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion
9) It’s said that being positive helps address so many problems – personal, professional, national and even international problems. Illustrate with any two crises that can be resolved with inculcating positive mindset among people. (150 Words)