[Insights Secure – 2017] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 10 February 2017
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic:The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
Struggle for India’s Independence, Bipan Chandra
Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
Bipan Chandra, Struggle for India’s Independence
(Above two questions are part of our New Initiative, for Details and Timetable, Click Here)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
3) The Good Samaritan law has not sufficed to create the confidence it takes to act in an accident scene. Critically examine why people are apprehensive to act and how this behaviour can be changed. (200 Words)
Topic:Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
4) It was said that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement’s damaging ambitions were most evident in the proposed provisions concerning intellectual property. Do you think these provisions will be defunct as TPP now stands cancelled? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
5) Recently, the Nagaland government declared local body elections as “null and void” after some tribal bodies, opposed to reservations for women, sought to disrupt the process. In your opinion, what should have government done in this situation? Justify. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security
6) Critically comment on the significance of the decision by Pakistan to raid the office of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) in Lahore recently and put its leader Hafiz Saeed and some of his associates under preventive house arrest for an indefinite period. (200 Words)
7) Recently the Finance Minister claimed that he was making the highest ever allocation to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). Do you think there are issues beyond higher allocation of funds which should be looked at? Critically analyse. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy – Growth and Development
General Studies – 4
Topic: Emotional intelligence-concepts,