[Insights Secure – 2017] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 08 December 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: World geography
1) Recently Andaman and Nicobar islands witnessed heavy swells formed due to the depression over southeast Bay of Bengal. What are depressions? How are they formed? Examine their relationship with airmasses. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
3) Do you think the judgement delivered in Koushal v. Naz Foundation case by the Supreme Court is rather an aberration considering other judgements delivered within and outside India by other courts? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health,
Topic: Powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies
5) It is said that demonetization have had certain positive impact on electoral reforms. For more comprehensive reforms, what measures should government implement, especially proposals of the Election Commission of India? Exmaine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Achievements of Indians in science & technology;
General Studies – 4
Topic: Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
7) According to you, what is education? Does the kind of education which schools and colleges across India are imparting fit into your definition of education? If given chance to transform India’s education system, on which aspects would you focus more? Justify. (200 Words)
Topic: Challenges of corruption.
8) Because of demonetization itself, new methods of corruption have cropped up. Do you think corruption can be definitively ended with a surgical strike? If not, what is the best way to end wicked problem like corruption which morphs into various shapes depending upon circumstances? Comment. (150 Words)