Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 17 November 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic:Role of women; Social empowerment
1) It is argued that there is a real danger that the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act could, in fact, be used against women and minors. In the light of recent observation by the Supreme Court that the Domestic Violence Act, 2005 (PWDVA) is gender neutral, critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Salient features of Indian society
Topic: Globalization; Poverty and developmental issues
3) “The main lesson for Europe and the world is clear: as a matter of urgency, globalization must be fundamentally re-oriented.” In the light of recent victory of Donald Trump, Critically analyse. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
4) Recently Russian President signed an executive order removing Russia’s signature from the International Criminal Court’s (ICC) founding treaty, piling pressure on a court that is already reeling from withdrawals by some African countries. Examine the reasons behind these withdrawals and critically comment if these withdrawals of reflect failure of ICC as an institution. (200 Words)
Topic:Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
5) A year and a half after China and Pakistan announced plans for an Economic Corridor, the CPEC, to connect “Kashgar to Gwadar”, the two countries operationalised the trade route this week. Analyse the challenges and opportunities that CPEC pose to India. (200 Words)
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Indian economy; Resource mobilization
7) After recent demonetization step, it is found that the rich have found ways to launder their black money to convert it into white, whereas the poor people are found standing in long queues to exchange their money legally. What shortcuts are used by the rich to launder their money? Do you think, demonetization is unfairly punishing the innocent people? Critically examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics in human actions