[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 29 October 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
1) Rainfall in the Western Ghats has been steadily declining, triggering fears of a drought in one of the world’s most water-rich regions. What impact does declining rainfall have on the region? Analyse. (200 Words)
Topic:Role of women and women’s organization
2) The effectiveness of reservation for women in positions at elected Panchayats has political and social implications. Do you think that mandated representation is a sufficient condition for women’s political empowerment? Critically examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to poverty and hunger
3) In the latest Global Hunger Index, India is bracketed in the category of countries where hunger levels are “serious”. Do you think India’s policy responses on hunger and malnutrition are to be blamed for India’s shameful track record in addressing hunger problem? Critically analyse. (200 Words)
Topic:Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
4) A three-member committee under the NITI Aayog to examine aspects of the Indian Medical Council (IMC) Act, 1956, and to suggest reforms in medical education has proposed a new Bill that would repeal the IMC Act and pave the way for the constitution of a National Medical Commission (NMC). Critically discuss committee’s recommendations and their implications. (200 Words)
Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure
General Studies – 3
Topic: Awareness in IT
9) The recent decision of the United States government to cede its control over the internet’s naming and addressing system to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a US-based international non-profit body, is heralded as a significant step towards the globalisation of internet’s core infrastructure. Considering this decision, do you think internet will be truly free of US control? Examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic:Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions;