[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 18 October 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Role of women and social empowerment
1) Should the Supreme Court pronounce on an issue of personal law and uniform civil code? Also critically comment how personal laws are affecting gender justice and rights of women in India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential;
2) The Government of India and the regulators have been very supportive of Digital India, Startup India and paperless technology. However, there are still some impediments to the paperless distribution of financial products. Discuss these impediments and their solutions. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
General Studies – 3
Topic:Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
5) What is bioabsorbable stent? The Union Health Ministry is planning to keep these stents out of the ambit of a price ceiling. Examine why. Also comment if it’s in the interest of consumers to keep price ceiling on other medical devices. (200 Words)
Topic: Economic growth,
6) The latest data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) shows that, currency with the public was growing at 17.7% from a year ago. Examine the causes of increasing cash with the public and its effect on economy. (200 Words)
Topic:Inclusive growth and issues arising from it
8) The most essential and often ignored element in ensuring food and nutrition security is healthy, living soil. What’s the importance of soil in ensuring food security? Also discuss threats to soil health in India and measures needed to address these threats. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions
9) You are working for the government. Recently, Chief Minister of your state is admitted in an hospital and his health condition is kept as secret by both hospital and higher functionaries of your state. However, one of your close friends works in the same hospital and is aware of Chief Minister’s exact health condition. He reveals it to you over dinner. You reveal it to some of your colleagues in the office. Next day police visit you and arrest you on the charges of spreading rumours on the health status of Chief Minister.
Examine the ethical issues involved in this case and critically comment if it was right on the part of government to arrest you. (200 Words)