PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 12 October 2016
- Administrative Reforms since Independence:
- “Unimplemented reforms in administration weaken the administrative reforms process most.” Do you agree? Give your answer citing specific cases as illustrations.
- What are the major concerns of the Second Administrative Reforms Commission on Civil Service reforms? Indicate the current status of their implementation.
- ‘Efforts made towards administrative reforms so far have been lacking in congruence between strategy, structure and substance.’ Discuss with illustrations.
- Discuss the pros and cons of swiss challenge method. Do you think it suits to the ecology of Indian administration? What changes in do you envisage in India administration for better compatibility?
- “We don’t need more government; we need better government. To be more precise we need better governance. Governance is the act of collectively solving our problems. Government is the instrument we use. The instrument is outdated and it is time to remake it” – Analyze with respect to local self-government in India.
- In your view , which have been the five most important administrative reforms implemented after Independence? What has been their impact?