PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 11 October 2016
- Administrative Reforms since Independence + Financial management
- Explain how budget can be used as a political instrument.
- “Excellent ideas but poor implementation have characterised the administrative reforms in India since Independence.” Critically examine the statement giving examples from the Union and State Governments.
- Do you agree that there has been a serious governance-deficit in development administration in India? Give reasons for your answer and add your suggestions.
- ‘The apparent demise of e-Government and e-Business as the main organizing principle of society has created the conditions for the rise of e-Governance from the ashes’ — In the context of the above statement show the distinctions between e-Government and e-Governance.
- What is an output-based performance budgeting system? Analyse this system in the context of India.
- “The real problem of administrative reforms in India at the State and the local levels is that they are imposed from above.” Comment.