PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION: 07 October 20116
- Civil Services:
- Judicial review of administrative tribunal’s decision defeats the very objective of establishing tribunals. Comment with reference to central Administrative tribunal.
- Beneath the soft outer shell of democratic administrative framework lies unscathed the steel frame of Indian administration which has survived through ages. In the light of the statement, examine the relationship between bureaucracy and development in the last one decade.
- Discuss the need for civil service neutrality in development administration. Suggest some measures for achieving and strengthening it in practice.
- Given the importance of the issue of sex equality in development do you think the self-help group movement adequately addresses absence of women in the former mainstream development agenda?
- Post legislative scrutiny can improve the quality of laws. Do you agree? Countries like Switzerland use “Legislative referendum” – Do you think India is ready for such an alternative? What according to you is better form of participation in legislation? Argue.
- Simon’s concept of Satisficing is to rationalize incompetence – Analyze the statement in the context of Indian administration.