[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 06 October 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Role of women and women’s organization
1) Critically comment on the role of Mahila Panchayats in acting as an alternative fora to formal justice system in addressing various issues faced by women in India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States
2) Why did the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT) propose the setting up of a Cauvery Management Board? Critically examine why it’s not yet set-up. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
3) Critically analyse India’s ASEAN approach and nature of its role in the RCEP (Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership) negotiations. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
4) Do you think the right to drink and eat what citizens want is adequately safeguarded in India? What’s the position of courts on this issue? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure
5) Is there a need for reform of India’s defamation laws? Substantiate. (200 Words)
Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate
6) A new research by IMF has shown that global debt was currently 225% of global GDP, with the private sector responsible for two-thirds of the total. Is it a cause for worry? What governments, including India, should do to address the issue of mounting global debt? Examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic; Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
7) Recently, the Nobel chemistry prize was awarded for work on molecular machines. Discuss structure, applications and potential of molecular machines. (200 Words)
Topic: Changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
8) India has been ranked No. 19 in a 28-nation survey of biomedical investment attractiveness of countries. Examine why India’s pharma competitiveness rank is low. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values
9) In your opinion, who is an intelligent person? How do various cultures view intelligence? Do you think intelligence is a necessary attribute to become a good civil servant? Comment. (200 Words)