[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 21 May 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes
1) The UN ‘Global Environmental Outlook (GEO-6): Regional Assessments’ report says that the worst impacts of climate change are projected to occur in the Pacific and South and South-East Asia. Examine how will India be impacted. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
Topic: Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure,
Topic: Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
4) Undoubtedly, India is the only country in the world with a written constitution that has been amended so many times in the six and a half decades since its inception in 1950. Do you support such frequent amendments? Discuss the judicial pronouncements that have restricted the power of Parliament for making constitutional amendments. (200 Words)
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
5) It is said that the implementation of the Forest Rights Act, 2006 has been opaque and there is serious lack of awareness about its provisions not only among the beneficiaries but also among the officials in charge of implementing it. Discuss the causes and the way forward. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Resource mobilization; Indian economy
Topic: Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth
7) The automobile industry is one of the few success stories that India has and perhaps the only one in manufacturing. But in recent years it’s argued that the sector needs proper regulation. Examine why. (200 Words)
Topic: Storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints
8) “The creation of the National Agricultural Market in India is a welcome move against the backdrop of the agricultural produce marketing committee reforms, 2013 and APMC Model Act 2003.” Discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: Infrastructure – energy
9) With drought affecting large parts of the country, there are question marks on an energy policy that stresses thermal power plants. In this regard, what should be India’s energy policy? (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics in private and public relationships.