[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 28 March 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Critical changes to geographical features and their effect on flora and fauna
General Studies – 2
Topic:India and its neighborhood- relations.
2) In recent months, Nepal’s proximity to China is growing. it also signed many agreements with China to improve its connectivity and security. Do you think India should press panic button? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
3) Recently, the government passed the Aadhaar Bill giving statutory rights for the Aadhaar programme, but this still leaves privacy as a specific challenge. How can this challenge be addressed? Examine. (200 Words)
Topic:Poverty and hunger
4) The government estimates show a steep decline in poverty from 37.2% in 2004-05 to 21.9% in 2011-12. To which factors do you attribute this reduction? How can India continue to reduce poverty? Discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources.
5) The debate on using public money to fund higher education is linked to the question of how beneficial it is in the creation of a developed and egalitarian society. Do you support continuation of subsidy for higher education in India? Comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Environmental pollution
Topic: Indian economy – growth; Employment; Resource mobilization
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics in human actions
8) Philosophers, writers and reformers have spent years exploring the true nature of revenge and resentment and whether forgiveness is the right response. Do you think, in the light of recent terrorist strike on European cities, should Western powers take revenge on terrorists? Justify on ethical grounds. (150 Words)