Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
[Insights Secure – 2016] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 03 March 2016
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic:Social empowerment; Poverty and developmental issues
1) It is argued that any Dalit movement, if it is actually going to address the needs of Dalits as a group, has to see itself as part of a class-wide movement. Do you agree? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
3) Over the years, India has preferred multilateralism over bilateral and regional trade agreements. Why? Do you think India should continue to focus more on multilateral trade agreements? Discuss. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints;
4) The Economic Survey 2015-16 claims Indian agriculture to be “a victim of its own success—especially the green revolution”, by becoming cereal-centric, regionally biased and input-intensive (land, water and fertilizers) and the Survey makes the case for “a new paradigm” for agricultural development, aimed to get “more from less”—more productivity from less resources. Does the recent Union budget address these concerns? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic:Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth
5) In recent months, the Union government is focusing more on creating a business friendly environment in India. Examine how the recent union Budget strives to give impetus to improve ease of doing business in the country. (200 Words)
Topic: Resource mobilization; S&T
6) The auction of spectrum brings government much needed revenue. Why is spectrum considered a s resource? Why spectrum in the 700 MHz band is considered more valuable than other bands? Also comment on controversy over pricing of spectrum. (200 Words)
Topic: Achievements of Indians in science & technology; Awareness in biotechnology
7) Recently, a science start-up, incubated at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), built the world’s first food-grade DNA/RNA stain (nucleic acid gel stain) named Tintorang. Discuss its applications and the science behind it. (200 Words)
Topic: Economics of animal-rearing.
8) India is the largest producer of goat milk and the second-largest producer of goat meat in the world. It is said that with economic gains that can result from technological and marketing interventions in goat rearing is immense. Discuss these interventions and their implications for India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic:Ethical issues in international relations and funding;
9) It is said that, around the world, more than 125 million people need humanitarian assistance and agencies which are involved in this assistance are short of funds. Discuss the various ethical issues involved in funding to meet escalating humanitarian needs around the world. (150 Words)