MAINS SELF STUDY GUIDE: Insights Mock Test – 24 (GS-4)
Insights Mains Offline Test Series 2015
GENERAL STUDIES – 4
Mock Test – 24
25 November 2015
- You are working as senior scientist in one of government’s top defence labs. The government that is aggressive in defence production is funding a secret research project to produce chemical and biological weapons to keep them ready to use in a war against an enemy, which has gone rogue in recent years. The enemy country has been threatening your government since long time and the threats are real. It is found that the rogue country possesses weapons of mass destruction that includes biological and chemical weapons. You find out that the weapons, if developed by your lab and used under any circumstances, will be disastrous to the Earth’s environment and many life forms. When you object to such a project proposal, you are removed from your post and forced to take voluntary retirement.
Based on the above case, give your opinions, with reasons for your answers, on the following questions:
- Was it correct on your part to oppose to a project that was helping national security?
- If the rogue nation can produce such weapons, why shouldn’t your government produce and keep them ready?
- Was government right in removing you from your post?
- Will you blow whistle in this case either in media or to concerned international agencies? (250 Words)