[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 07 November 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Women issues
1) “Despite the detailed recommendations of the Justice J S Verma Committee report, following the December 2012 gang rape in Delhi, neither politicians nor even some in the judiciary appear to have understood the central problem around the increase in such crimes.” What is this ‘central problem’? What measures need to be taken to address this problem? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Population and associated issues
Topic: Salient features of Indian society
3) Analyse the the socio-economic importance of the bovine species mithun (Bos frontalis) for some of the tribes in Arunachal Pradesh and why efforts should be made for their preservation. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Issues relating to intellectual property rights.
5) Define Geographical Indication (GI). Do you think in recent years in India, GIs are increasingly being seen as a totem of cultural pride, and not as measures to preserve products? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Agriculture issues
6) Analyse the imbalances in the use of chemical fertilizers in agriculture in Indian states and explain why three major plant nutrients, namely, nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium, are prescribed to be used in the ratio of 4:2:1. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies
7) As election promise, some states tend to provide free electricity to farmers. Do you think such measures help in increasing crop yield? What are the merits and demerits of this policy? Critically examine. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.