Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 30 October 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Art and Culture
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources.
2) The Supreme Court has recently stated that even after 68 years of Independence, the reservations system has not achieved what it hoped to and that it was time that the government considered scrapping quotas in higher education and consider only merit as basis for admission. Do you support this view? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests; Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
4) Recently China ended its one child policy. What impact this policy had on Chinese society and economy? Do you think its new policy to allow parents to bear two children will help it address demographic issues it’s facing today? Analyse. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections.
6) In recent years India has become a major destination for what has been referred to as “reproductive tourism” for foreign couples. How will India’s new surrogacy law affect this tourism? Critically comment. (150 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Food processing; S&T
7) Recently World Health Organization (WHO) said that processed meats are group 1 carcinogens, the deadliest kind, the equivalent of smoking cigarettes. Examine why such foods are considered dangerous to health. Could this finding be used as basis for banning beef meat in India? Comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy – resource mobilization
Topic: Conservation; Infrastructure
9) Highways passing through forests in India kill thousands of wild animals that are already on the brink of extinction. What governments can do to address this issue so as to not to harm either wildlife or connectivity? Discuss. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethical issues in private relations
10) You are a victim of child abuse by one of your family friends. You have grown up seeing that person getting closer to your parents. Recently you married your childhood friend. For the first time, for anyone, you reveal him the horrors you have been through. He strongly suggests you to confront the offender, reveal everything to your parents and punish him. But you want to forget everything and move on. You do not want to see the face of the offender again. You suggest your husband to get a job in foreign country and move there permanently. Your husband is adamant that the offender must be punished either by law or by your family members. He is showing you unconditional love and support to overcome the trauma, but at the same time seems impulsive to punish the offender. He is outraged and disturbed.