MAINS SELF STUDY GUIDE: Insights Mock Test – 9 & 10 Combined (GS-4 Ethics)
Insights Mains Offline Test Series 2015
GENERAL STUDIES – 4 ETHICS
Mock Test – 9 & 10
05 October 2015
- Your close friend, who is very disturbed by reports of rape of women in cities, comes to you for discussing this issue and to express some of his concerns. He raises the following points:
- These days due to influence of movies and western culture, girls tend to wear small clothes that provoke rapists. Why shouldn’t girls be practical and wear proper dress to avoid the wrath of rapists?
- Rapists should be publicly hanged for their crime. Rapists do not deserve to live in any society.
- Parents should teach boys to respect women and at the same time teach their girl children to follow Indian culture. Why should parents allow their girls to talk to strangers? Why should they send their girls to co-education schools?
- Girls should be allowed to go to nearest schools and colleges. Once they are graduated, they should be allowed to take up jobs such as teaching which are decent and safe. Why should they join jobs like software engineering when such jobs are not safe?
Critically analyze the above viewpoints. On the basis of this analysis, what will be your advice to your friend? (250 Words)