MAINS SELF STUDY GUIDE: Insights Mock Test – 7 (General Studies – 3)
NOTE: Those who want to write in notebook should treat this as a Real Exam and try to complete the paper within One and Half Hours. You can download PDF copy of the same TEST – 7 Question Paper here. The Timetable is HERE.
Those who want to answer here itself can Click on the Questions below and post your answers. Thank you.
Insights Mains Offline Test Series 2015
General Studies – 3
Mock Test – 7
30 September 2015
Duration: 1 Hour
Answer ALL the questions in NOT MORE THAN 200 words each. Contents of the answers are more important than its length. All questions carry equal marks. (10×10 = 100)
- Discuss the steps and principles of Social Impact Assessment (SIA) and examine the similarities and differences to the process followed in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Epidemics such as dengue fever are also considered as disasters whose management is now being considered as a prime objective in developing countries such as India. Discuss what preventive and control measures are needed to achieve long-term, sustainable control of dengue epidemic in India.
- Given that the vulnerability of the India-Myanmar border is posing a serious challenge to the internal security of the country, it is argued that the Government of India should pay immediate attention to effective management of this border. Do you think fencing the border between these two countries could solve problems in their border region? Discuss.
- Since the Mumbai terrorist attacks on 26th November 2008, the complexity of internal security of challenges faced by India has increased. In order to deal with these challenges, in your opinion, what measures need to be taken and implemented? Discuss.
- It is said that the world needs to take action towards Global Health Security to combat the threat of use of biological agents by terrorist organizations and other non-state players. Examine the meaning of global health security and its importance in the light of the given statement.
- Differentiate between copyright, trademark and patent. Recently it was said that India’s amended national patent law, particularly a provision which defines what inventions are, could face a legal challenge arising from an aggressive move by the US and Switzerland. Examine why.
- India is still opposed to Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT). Do you think India should reconsider its position? Substantiate.
- Critically examine the magnitude of Ganga river pollution, its causes and challenges faced by the government in cleaning the river.
- Is it possible to curb Left Wing Extremist activities and address some of the problems faced by tribal people of central India by moving governance of their areas from the Fifth to the Sixth Schedule of the Indian Constitution? Critically discuss.