Insights Current Affairs Quiz – 20
24 September 2015
From today onwards, we will be starting current events quiz. The quiz will have 5-10 MCQs every day. The questions are mainly framed from The Hindu news articles.
Hope you enjoy this quiz. If you like it, then please share it. Thank you.
INSIGHTS CURRENT EVENTS QUIZ 2015-16
0 of 6 questions completed
The following Quiz is based on the current events that we post every day on our website.
To view Solutions, follow these instructions:
Click on – ‘Start Quiz’ button
Click on ‘Quiz Summary’ button
Click on ‘Finish Quiz’ button
Now click on ‘View Questions’ button – here you will see solutions and links.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
1. Question1 points
Which of the following statements about ‘Lok Adalats’ is/are correct?
- Cases at pre-litigation stage and those pending in courts are taken up for settlement
- Decisions taken here are selectively permitted for appeal in High Courts
- These do not deal with criminal cases
Select the answer using codes given below:Correct
2. Question1 points
Uniting for Consensus’, often seen in the news, isCorrect
3. Question1 points
With reference to the ‘Rajbhasha awards’, which of the following statements is/are incorrect?
- It is an award scheme for original book writing in Hindi on culture
- It is an award scheme for original book writing in any of the languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule on culture
- Any Indian citizen is eligible for the award, if other conditions are met
Select the answer using the codes given below:
4. Question1 points
Consider the following statements about the ‘Mohiniyattam’ dance:
- The costumes are brightly coloured, likely having sought inspiration from those of Kathakali
- Its predominant style is Lasya
Which of the above statements are correct? Select the answer using the codes given below:Correct
5. Question1 points
Consider the following statements:
- District Election Officers supervise the election work of their respective districts
- Returning officers of their respective assembly constituencies are responsible for conduct of elections
- Presiding officers conduct the poll at polling stations
- Election Observers perform such functions as are entrusted to them by the Election Commission (EC)
Which of the above statements are correct?Correct
Chapter 65: Elections, Indian Polity by M LaxmikanthIncorrect
Chapter 65: Elections, Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
6. Question1 points
Consider the following list:
- Chief Electoral Officer
- District Election Officer
- Election Observers
- Electoral Registration Officer
Who from the above list are members of the authority which conducts elections to the State Legislative Assemblies?Correct
The authority which conducts elections to the State Legislative Assemblies is the Election Commission. It is a three-member body at present.Incorrect
The authority which conducts elections to the State Legislative Assemblies is the Election Commission. It is a three-member body at present.
Note: Please refresh the page 2-3 times if Quiz button doesn’t respond.